Atwell College is driven by values that support inclusive practices across the school community and it is these values that underpin all learning.
Atwell College seeks to fully develop each child’s intellectual, physical and social/emotional capacity to enable each child to become global citizens with an informed concern for the environment and social justice issues. The College recognises that fostering a strong appreciation of fundamental societal values is intrinsically linked to the development of individual self worth and respect for others.
Atwell College expects excellence and expects students to aim high and to achieve to their maximum potential. The staff at Atwell College consistently endeavour to:
- match student capabilities and aspirations to pathways of future achievement.
- provide a safe and caring learning environment, supportive of inclusive practices, in which all school community members play their part.
- acknowledge that all students have the ability to learn thus expecting each of them to be personally responsible for his/her achievement.
- seek a holistic development of each child academically, socially and emotionally.
- provide positive exercise and health programs to prepare students for a healthy lifestyle.
- promote within their students a concern for the environment and an awareness of the global impact of their actions.
Core beliefs: Pillars
Connection, Opportunity, Environment, Holism