Atwell College is committed to a school-wide approach to the wellbeing of its students and seeks the holistic development of each child academically, socially and emotionally. The College aims to provide an environment where each student feels safe, accepted and supported to achieve his or her full potential and to experience a feeling of belonging to their learning community.
Strong community values, self-worth, respect and concern for all is evident in the College’s modern value-based educational philosophy and core beliefs of Connection, Opportunity, Environment and Holism which form the pillars of the College’s operations.
The Student Services team is committed to support all students in their journey through school and preparation for life long learning. Atwell College focuses on a school wide system of support that includes proactive strategies for defining teaching and supporting appropriate student behaviours to create a positive school environment. Each cohort is targeted with specific learning programs to target the intellectual, creative, physical, social and emotional growth of Atwell College students. Pastoral care programs and activities for each year group reflect the following themes under a continuum of positive behaviour support for all students within the school through the overarching banner of Positive Behaviour in Schools.
FRIENDLY SCHOOLS SURVEY 2018
Over 800 students recently completed the Friendly Schools Survey and the results were very interesting and positive. Please see survey outcomes friendly-schools.pdf.
The results indicated well and truly that most students have a positive experience at Atwell College. The survey will be used to plan more student support programs.
Please contact the school if you would like more information or help in understanding the outcomes to the survey.
- Supporting Today’s Adolescents Through the Bumpy Ride to Adulthood
- What is Cannabis and The Effects on Mental Health?
- Dealing with Grief and Loss
- Dealing with Relationship Break-Ups
- Depression – First Aid Guidelines
- Panic Attacks – First Aid Guidelines
- How to help someone with Suicidal Thoughts & Behaviours?
- Sleeping Well for a healthy headspace
- Supporting young people’s mental heath and wellbeing in the holidays
- How to manage Stress in adolescence?
- Tips to Keep Good Mental Health
- What is Smoking and The Effects on Mental Health?